Sunday, July 12, 2015

Circle of Life

Camp ACC
Unicoi, Tennessee


I'm in my second attempt to master the C25K (Couch to 5K) so I completed two of my running days during our camp week.  I was so incredibly thankful to have this as my view as I jogged along the small path that follows the creek at this special place called Camp ACC!

I began going to this camp when I was in Junior High School.  Eventually, I transitioned from camper to counselor - took a short hiatus while living in another state and having babies - but for the past several years, my kiddos and I have returned.  It truly is a special place and it's an incredibly opportunity to see my children sit around the same campfire, worship in the same tabernacle and play in the same open field that I once did!  


This week was a first for us.  I was a counselor; my older two kiddos were junior counselors, and my youngest was a camper.  We were all there at the same time.  (My guy had to stay home and work.)  We shared so many fun times - classes, Safari, team time, cotton candy, snow cones, games, rewards for memory work points in the form of pies in the face and slime down the back, late nights, stars in the sky, creek walks, laughter and more laughter, campfires to sing by, friends to catch up with, and so many memories to bring home!

Traditions are a huge part of the life we call #KUWTP and Camp ACC is one tradition that we treasure!




My Nutter Butter earned the option to pie someone for her memory work - look who she chose!


Nope, not a competitive bone in her body! Ha!!

Loved this quickly captured silhouette!


Craft time!

Marks from the tiger during Safari - 2015 on top, 2014 on the bottom.

I think it was a record year - first time ever that all team consequences went to lucky male recipients!
(And their crazy cat shirts...)

Guess who got the green slime!!  I've been there, done that, but I never wore a crazy cat shirt!!


The Dream Team (???)


One of my favorite camp times!


Three generations at camp this week!  That's my Momma on the far right - yep, she was a counselor too!

After camp tradition - lunch at the Japanese restaurant.
#evenourtraditionshavetraditions

Camp Coma!

Camp Laundry x 4 people = ridiculous!
I've written about Camp ACC before on another blog - you can read it here if you like.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful- but WHERE is Kitty High Five?!?!? 😉

    ReplyDelete