Monday, January 16, 2017

from Gwacheon City - Day 11

One item that Chris and I have said more than once during the girls' stay with us is that high schoolers are high schoolers regardless of their country of origin! There have been multiple times that either both of us or one or the other have been able to know what the girls were thinking or doing without a word being spoken!  Why? Because we know teenagers! Their actions are universal - it doesn't matter what country they live in.  They go through the same seasons of life, they experience the same frustrations and concerns, and laugh at the same silly subjects.

One of the reasons I most like to photograph teens is just that - they all have a hard time truly believing that they are beautiful.  So today, Day 11, was a slower day.  The girls slept in late. We did a little shopping.  JiHo bought her favorite - chocolate. They both worked on a school presentation together and then I asked them if they would allow me to photograph them.

Of course, I've been snapping away all week so I had to explain to them how these photos would be different.  I showed them some of my portrait sessions and told them that I would like to do the same for them and share the photos with their families.  As a mom, photos of my kiddos are so dear to me. I would imagine this might be the same for their parents.

So off we went - it was time for them to be models.  As we neared the end of the session, I heard one of my favorite comments - "This was fun!"

And they are gorgeous! These a just a few of my favorites.










No comments:

Post a Comment