Monday, June 20, 2022

Valencia y Barcelona

 

The Bullring


Yesterday was our second day in Valencia and we spent half of it at the beach. I LOVE the beach but I don't love getting in the ocean. However, I was absolutely thrilled with the Mediterranean! The water was so incredibly clear that I could see to the bottom for a really long way out into the water. Wave were also minimal so if that's why you love the beach, then our location of the Mediterranean will disappoint; however, I was thrilled. I could see anything that even thought about swimming close to me and I wasn't going to get knocked over by a wave!



We decided to jump ship on our little casita. None of us got much sleep the night before. I guess we Americans are just too spoiled with the air conditioning. But in our defense, it has been a heat wave here! Over 100 degrees for several days. It was very cute and authentic and close to the beach but we needed cooler temps after a busy day outside so we headed to a hotel in center city Valencia. 

Our Casita in Valencia

Once we cleaned up a bit, we headed out for some sightseeing. Audrey found a double decker caurosel and of course did not pass up on riding it. We saw the bull fighting ring that Valencia is famous for. I wished they had been in season! So much beautiful architecture everywhere from old train stations turned markets to narrow city streetscapes to tree trunks with interesting shapes! Just beautiful. Dinner was spent on the streetside and Audrey and I had no trouble finding gelato afterward! Then off to bed in our nice COOL room! 

An orange tree outside our window at the hotel inValencia

Tres Turistas







So many mopeds here! Women dressed for work riding mopeds


We left Valencia this morning on an early train to Barcelona. So early that almost no one was out on the street!

Our very empty street the morning we left Valencia


Once arriving in Barcelona, we opted for some tapas and then did some strolling along the Gran Via and our street, the Passeig de Garcia. Again the architecture did not disappoint! The two Gaudi houses on the street were definitely unique!


Gaudi House









We headed back to get cleaned up for the evening; we had reservations for a Flamenco show. 



We were a little skeptical when we arrived based on the locale but oh my goodness, they were so good! I would highly recommend. So good and so authentic and passionate about what they do. 










To end the evening, we grabbed a bite to eat. Life here is so, so late! I am not sure how they do it. I need a long siesta! Tomorrow is out last full day! 




















No comments:

Post a Comment