Thursday, July 19, 2018

Wild, Wild West...Part II - Day 1

Day 1: Denver to Jackson Hole



Three years ago, almost exactly, the Patterson Party of 5 took our first westward adventure, exploring the Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Zion... We knew we would be back! Our goal this time - five National Parks.


Today began Part II! Well, not exactly today. Pattersons #1, 3 and 4 began their journey west on Saturday morning, by car. Pattersons #2 and 5 booked a flight and the plan was to join together late last night in Denver. After long flight delays, my youngest and I joined the others about 4:30 this morning! After a few hours of sleep, we left the Denver area and headed to Jackson Hole, Wyoming via Cheyenne and Happy Jack Road (which, of course, I had to take because of my Jac!) to Laramie, then through Rawlings, Sweetwater Station, Wind River Reservation, the Shoshone National Forest and Dubois, and finally into Teton National Forest. Since most of today was traveling, the majority of my photos were drive-by shots - as in "Hey, I'm rolling the window down, be prepared!" Nevertheless, many great memories in the car - the kids are masters at creating multiple variations of the Jeep game... Uhaul game, Roy G Biv(P) game, etc.











 
A few pronghorns, moose and bison were spotted, but the shining moment was when the Grand Teton came into view! 

First Glimpse

Before heading to our condo which will be our home for the next four nights, we did take a moment to get out a take in the Tetons up close and personal. And, by the way, I got to stand and take a photo exactly where Ansel Adams took his Grand Teton shot. That was pretty cool until one of the kiddos said, "Who's Ansel Adams?" 








Grand Teton



My attempt to replicate the Ansel Adams shot... LOL!



So begins our Wild, Wild West Part II! Looking forward to the next 9 days with my guy and three kiddos by my side!!! #kuwtp


No comments:

Post a Comment