Saturday, November 14, 2015

Veteran's Day 2015




We are blessed to live in a small town that appreciates its history and the American spirit.  On Wednesday, November 11, 2015, the Patterson's celebrated our favorite veteran, my wonderful guy, and headed to our small little downtown to watch the Veteran's Day parade.  As I sat editing these photos this morning though, and the news of the Paris attacks played in the background, my appreciation of these men and women who serve resonates ever so much louder and stronger!


I am so grateful and proud that I am a member of a family with such a strong military history.  My husband, his two brothers, his father, my father, my grandfather, our nephew, multiple uncles... all have served or are currently serving this great country that we live in today.  It is because of them and numerous people like them that I can sit in my comfy chair and type away the thoughts that pour out of my head and into my fingertips.  It is because of them and those before them that we can speak the words we want to speak.





While watching this celebratory and hometown-fun parade, I was humbled and even felt that huge lump in my throat as I tried to imagine what some of these men and women had seen, done, experienced and tried to forget on my behalf - on our behalf.  Fighting for the freedoms that we daily take for granted.





So while I write this as a recollection of #kuwtp memories, I also write to help remind those that read that we never forget our history and we never forget to support the men and women acting on our behalf.  
The Patterson's say thank you.





My favorite veteran - my wonderful guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment