Monday, August 24, 2015

First Day...

Regardless of how old my children get or how their grade numbers climb, I still have that yikes-they-are-getting-so-much-older-and-one-step-closer-to-being-on-their-own kinda feeling when I drop them off for school each year!




This year is a biggie!  My oldest-one-of-three began her senior year today.  *sniff...*  I still vividly remember holding her to my chest not wanting to put her down in her crib to sleep.  I know she is going to have a great year; I know she will succeed at whatever she puts her mind to doing.  She is incredible!



My middle-one-of-three started his Freshman year of high school today.  A couple of weeks ago, he found some photos of himself - him in a superman costume, him sucking his thumb as he hangs with daddy, him climbing a doorframe, him giving me a hug...  He took those photos and edged our master bathroom mirrors.  Simply a hint that even though he's bigger, older, rougher around the edges, that he still knows that he's my little guy.



Our youngest-one-of-three hasn't slept well for the past two nights - nervous about starting middle school.  Yes, I said middle school!  She still seems so young to me.  It felt odd today to know that she wasn't at our sweet community-feels-like-family elementary school.  She is somewhere that no one knows her history - no one knows how fabulous she is - no one knows...  BUT, it won't take them long - they will quickly see what we see.  They will see our sweet little nutter butter with her brain gears spinning!



We ended today with our twice a year tradition (traditions are my way of 1-making sweet memories with my kiddos and 2 - making a meager effort to make them want to return to participate in those traditions once they're on their own).  On the first and last day of school, we head to a local ice cream shop - load up the toppings and talk about our school days - mine included.  Fun times!  School year 2015-16 - here we come!





This year, even our OES got a little tradition action!


No comments:

Post a Comment